Soul with Masha

Thursday, April 21, 2005

コンサート (Part I)

I started watching concerts in 1987. So it’s about 18 years ago! Oh gosh… I have no idea how many concerts I’ve watched so far. However, there are some concerts which are unforgettable during my 18 years journey in concerts…the list consist of:


福山雅治
☆ We’re BROS tour ~ Like a Hurricane (16/9/1998) ☆
I attended my first overseas concert at 福岡サンパレスホール on 16 September 1998.The concert hall could only accommodate about 2316 people. I sat at the second storey, quite far. Though I was quite disappointed to be seated so far from マシャ, but was happy that I could be with him at the same venue and time. I had mixed feelings. My heart ached even after the concert, because I did not get to see マシャ closely.


Anyway, my first impression of Masha from far - He is so skinny!!!! ><;

マシャ sang all the songs from his album “Sing A Song” which was released sometime in June 1998. It was great to listen to him sang ‘live’ for the songs from the whole album as well as some other old songs. He even sang a new “Peach,” which the single was not even released before the concert.

I can’t remember what he said at the concert. I only remembered he spoke 九州弁, which was difficult for me to understand. Even my friend from Tokyo could not really understand what he said! 


Oh ya, before the concert started, my friend and I took out our pen lights but was stopped by the staff. So this was the first time I got to know that pen lights are not allowed at マシャ's concert. 

☆ We’re BROS tour ~ Like a Hurricane (26/11/1998 – Finale concert) ☆
Yes, I actually went back to watch the concert again within a 2 months gap. This time was at 東京国際 FORUM A Hall, which hold around 5012 people. I sat at the second storey again, far from the stage. So, worse than the first time. And same as 福岡サンパレスホール, no big screen to see マシャ’s expression! So sad… but I managed to 看開了 for this time round.

This time round, I could understand a bit of what he said. No more 九州弁. I remembered he talked about attending his elder brother’s wedding. It’s very traditional where they wear kimono etc and a priest would give blessing. マシャ imitated how the priest 念經. So funny! He mentioned that his sister-in-law name is ‘ともこ’ and a audience shouted ‘はい!’ The whole audience roared into laughter. Guess she has the same name! マシャ also laughed! By the way, マシャ said his dad was much older than his mum, so are his brother and sister-in-law (about 7 years gap). So he said maybe this is his family trend???



After the concert ended, マシャ took a group photo with the musicians and audience. He always does this at the finale concert. As usual, he sat on the stage and was surrounded by the musicians.

On the whole, マシャ sang almost the same songs as the concert in 福岡. But the stage at Tokyo was much bigger and lighting much better.

1998 was the year where マシャ started his 大感謝祭 at year end. Reason for the 大感謝祭 was he wanted to have a special present and leave special memory for turning 30 years old… Yap, my first encounter with マシャ was when he was 29 years old, and 3 years after I started to support him!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home